Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Breathe

BREATHE. It seems like such a simple thing. It should happen automagically right? Our bodies are just programmed to circulate blood and air without us actually consciously telling our heart to beat or our lungs to move in and out.

But I forget. I forget to breathe. How does that happen? I don't actually tell myself to breathe, so technically can I forget to tell myself to breathe? Or is it I tell myself not to breathe?

I know I'm not alone. I hear people say it all the time- 'don't forget to breathe', 'I keep telling myself to breathe, but I don't'.

I've never been a tremendously goal oriented person, more of a driven person, as my cousin calls it- the relentless pursuit of perfection.

I think in my relentless pursuit I may forget to do simple things like breathe.

So I'm working really hard to remember that all I really have to do is breathe, sometimes that is all there is to do and the rest will fall into place.

Okay now, everyone take a deep breath.

No comments: