I had great plans on New Years Eve to go through each month and come up with my favorite memory or event from the month. I tried to do that, but it was really really hard. I can't say that 2009 was a great year, in many respects it had some very difficult times and yet there were some really great moments sprinkled in there to even things out. So all and all I'd say it was a flat year. But here are some of the good things I remember, these are in no particular order.
1. Sunshine made her first communion, confirmation and first reconciliation, nothing quite like a year with three sacraments.
2. I ran 500 miles.
3. I completed a half marathon under the goal I had set for myself.
4. I bought a new to me car- I loved my old car, I had her for almost 10 years. I am hoping that the next 10 with this car will be as great.
5. I put the cat I'd had for 13 years down. And a week later we got 2 kittens.
6. Sunshine went rock climbing for the first time- she was amazing at it.
7. Sunshine ran her first kids fun run at a race I was running.
8. I took a training class for Democratic Women in politics. I learned a lot.
9. I ran races in 4 states-46 to go.
10. I didn't blog enough, I thought about it a lot, I just never made the time.
11. We raised and released Ladybugs, a little creepy at first but cool none the less.
12. I reconnected with friends from High School and College on Facebook- surprisingly this has been a very enjoyable experience for me.
I stopped making resolutions years ago, I rarely met them, and it seemed like such a downer when I broke one, I'm working on a new list of general things I'd like to do this year, things I'd like to accomplish and experience with Sunshine (and by myself), I'm not quite there with the list, but in due time, I'll have my list and be on my way.
Here is hoping that 2010 has many more warm fuzzies than cold pricklies.