Sunday, June 29, 2008

Rain.. Rain.. Rain...

I love the rain. Most rain that is, I don't like the chill you to your bones rain. But other than that, sign me up. Where I grew up we had thunderstorms all the time. Where I live now, we don't get the kind of storms I had as a kid.

When I was in college, one summer I lived in this house and if you laid in my bed you could look out the window into the valley, I would sit there and watch the storms coming up out of the valley, as violent as thunderstorms can be, they bring me some sort of internal peace. I think my love of thunderstorms is one of the reasons I majored in geography.

I like running in the rain, and for the most part don't let it stop me from doing what I'm doing. I think it is interesting as I start my vacation that I have gone for a run in the rain, watched a baseball game in the rain and mowed the lawn in the rain. Not to be too metaphysical, but it is almost like creating a clean slate... the bonus that most of this has been accompanied by small thunderstorms is just sort of ice on the cake for me.

No comments: