Thursday, June 5, 2008

Again with the Coincidences

I've been struggling with a decision in my life.

Let me back up- ever take a Myers-Briggs test? I score 1 point away any time I take it between the thinking and feeling portion. What that means for me is that often times my head and my heart are in constant conflict about what to do in a situation. Being a champion over thinker from way back this can make for the perfect storm of decisions and replaying events.

But, as I have been ponder what to do, yesterday I rediscovered a wonderful quote a dear friend used to use all the time: "Make major decisions with your heart and minor decisions with your head".

I wonder why it is I often forget that one.. probably because my head would be in charge of remembering such things, and really, that quote takes away much of it's power.

Prompted by the quote, I was able to ask a friend I thought would be really honest with me, their opinion and they gave me a good swift kick in the pants which actually jostled me away from my head and put we squarely in my heart...

I'm going to hold the decision in my heart for a bit and see if I feel settled with it (right now I pretty much do).

Not to be so cryptic, but if I do make the decision that is currently in my heart, I'll fill you in.

1 comment:

Stellaandthomas said...

Hmmmm, I want to know what is going on. I want to know what is in your head and heart??