Tuesday, July 22, 2008

IAG

Last week I was away at a conference for work. It was a tremendous experience for me. I won't bore you with details, but it was good on the work level and the person level.

Our trip was a bit comical, I suspect even the best author's in Hollywood could not have come up with the different things that happened to us. But you know what, even in my lowest moments, I never lost my cool. I got quiet for a few minutes, or laughed uncontrollably, but I just kept right on keeping on.

I must have said it's all good 2-300 times last week. I am sure I can not put into words how I felt coming back, this new found me, calmer, less tense, less worried.. continuing to find more of that freedom I've been looking for.. you know as much reckless abandon as a single Mom with a full time job and a house and all that other adult responsibility can have.

For kicks, I gave up flour about 3 weeks ago, flour and sugar and caffeine. Please note, I am not a health food nut, I like to buy good food, preferably without too many preservatives, but I drink soda, and Sunshine has fruit snacks and we don't eat enough fruits or veggies.

In the back of my mind, I wonder, did my new found calmness have anything to do with the change in diet? My experience at the conference? A combination of the both?

Either way, I've been thinking about a new tattoo for some time.. toying with some sort of Ying and Yan.. but I think, I may change my mind and simply get IAG on my hand.. just a reminder... don't sweat the small stuff.. really.. it's all good.. it ain't no thang but a chicken wing..

No comments: