Wednesday, February 6, 2008

How Was Your Day?

Sunshine has created this wonderful "habit" for us. Much like me, when she comes home and I ask how her day was, she says good. We have to process "stuff", don't know how to explain it, we just do. It is hours later that we can answer more truthfully.

So what has started to happen as we lay down in her bed for her to fall asleep at night she will say something about the day, mostly they are not so good things, things that I'm sure, like me, she is struggling to process and put in the right bucket in her brain. It's hard, because I have to tell you, I wasn't prepared the first few times to deal with them, her friends being mean to her or saying she can't play with them. I thought... this is first grade, drama this early? Really? But the teacher assures me it starts this early.

So although it breaks my heart to watch Sunshine have to go through these things, I am thrilled beyond belief that she is willing to talk to me about them, even if sometimes I don't know the right thing to say.. and I just thank the angels and high power for giving me the divine intervention to say the right thing, and listen properly.

No comments: