Thursday, February 21, 2008

Yummy Quotes

Yes, yes, I'm back on my quotes "thing". This time, let's talk about quotes about and around food.

I've heard several recently and for some reason I find them tremendously visual. As previously discussed- I see in pictures, so the imagery provided with the food metaphor is a good one for me.

Last week during The Jane Austen Book Club... this one was dropped... "He looks at me like I'm the ice cream (long pause) and he's the spoon."

Tell me, that you don't see a complete visual of how he looks at her, what that look means and what it means to her to be looked at that way. *sigh*

And today a classic came up at work... "Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you are going to get."

I think of Christmas when everyone has the boxes of assorted chocolates... some people are daring and pick up any, some study very carefully the diagram of what chocolate is where before they choose, still others poke the chocolate to see what's in the middle and afterwards take it or move on to check out the middle of a different one.

Again, tell me, you can't see different people in your life who approach life in one of those 3 fashions- dive in and take what they get; careful choose their moves after thoughtful consideration; and finally, take a little peak, dip their foot in to test the water and then either jump in or run in the other direction.

2 comments:

Stellaandthomas said...

Yum....I love the ice cream/spoon quote. I do know those different types of people. Which one are you? I think I am the bipolar chocolate chooser. Sometimes, I dive right in and other times I him and haw forever about the silliest decision.

shamalam said...

That is an interesting question.

I guess I'm probably as you describe a bipolar chocolate chooser.

I rarely poke at them, see what is inside and then throw it out.. once I decide to do something I'm committed... good or bad.

But I definitely think a lot about some things before I do them. Others I throw caution to the wind.

I think as I've gotten older and experienced more I trust my gut more and just go for it- take my leaps of faith and hope I land on my feet.

I think the things I study more closely are financial decisions, life decisions I tend to dive right in.