Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Planetarium

Today was a busy day, besides normal Sunday stuff like grocery shopping, Sunshine had a birthday party to attend and then we met my Aunt and Uncle to go to the planetarium.

It has been ages since I've been to a planetarium, and frankly I didn't realize there was one so close to our house that had regular programs. It was awesome, and sitting next to Sunshine listening to her gasp as things were pointed out in the sky, the Milky Way and then Northern Lights, was wonderful.

This presentation was about Greek Mythology and the stars and how different Greek Mythological creatures ended up in the sky and how they are related to other creatures/constellations in the sky. Brought back my mythology classes from high school, the Greek I learned during pledging and introduced a bunch of new stuff.

I can't wait to go back! So tremendously cool!

No comments: