Friday, March 28, 2008

Don't Come a Knockin'

As a single woman, there are times that I certainly wouldn't mind someone else sharing my bed. And last night I got my wish.

At 3:30 in the morning Sunshine wakes up because her ankles hurt and crawls into bed with me. This was obviously a clue for the animals in the house to rise and shine and start a party.

One cat was walking around my pillow, the other was literally walking up and down the side of my body (I'm a big sleep on your side kind of gal, and clearly this creates a fabulous runway for my cats).

The dog, well the dog was clearly having some sort of trouble with one of his paws and was on some obsessive licking marathon (yes I know this probably means something is wrong, but at 3:30 I wasn't thinking about that). He of course also wanted to curl up next to Sunshine which created an I'm squished, I need more room drama.

Sunshine can not lay still because her ankles hurt and then the cats decide that they are physical too close to each other and start to hiss and bat at each other- one at my head, one on the side of my chest.

Really and truly when I've joked about the time when I can say.. if the bed is a rockin' don't come a knockin', this was not what I had in mind.

No comments: